Welcome to Cognitive's Texas Deliverables Based IT Services (DBITS) Website
State of Texas: Department of Information Resources
DBITS: Deliverables-Based IT Services Contract DIR-SDD-2072
The Texas Department of Information Resources (Texas DIR) offers Deliverables-Based IT Services (DBITS) as part of its Cooperative Contracts program to state agencies, local government, public education, and other public entities in Texas. The contract is also available to public entities outside the state of Texas.
Cognitive Professional Services is an approved Texas DIR Cooperative Contracts DBITS vendor. Our DBITS contract, DIR-SDD-2072, may be reviewed on the DIR Cooperative Contract page for Cognitive Professional Services. The DBITS contract allows Cognitive Professional Services to provide Texas DIR customers with services in the following technology categories:
Technology Upgrade/Migration and Transformation
- Definition: Technology Upgrade/Migration may be required to increase business functionality, reengineer a business function, keep current with vendor upgrades or when upgrading existing technology. Technology Transformation may be accomplished by converting/migrating legacy applications to new technology either with or without new business functionality or it may include introducing new technology into the enterprise. Technology Upgrade/Migration may also include providing website content accessibility compliance.
- Examples of included services: Assessments of the current application portfolio, evaluation of the technology assets before beginning technology transformation and Business Case development for justification of an initiative. Also included are: technology transformations, which may include, appropriate Return on Investment (ROI), benchmarks and milestones. The following activities may also be included: planning, analysis, requirements development, proof of concept, deployment, implementation, integration, remediation, data migration, documentation, application programming and support services; and training support.
Information Technology Assessments and Planning
- Definition: IT Assessments and Planning may include IT effectiveness, maturity, governance, project management and architecture. Strategic planning activities may include mission statement development, visioning and goals, objectives, and strategy development. Tactical planning may require that actionable plans and roadmaps be provided.
- Examples of included services: IT assessments, including enterprise architecture; staff knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) assessments; and strategic and tactical planning.
HOW TO ORDER
- The customer must complete a Statement of Work (SOW) which must be in the form contained in Appendix C. Appendix C, Statement of Work (SOW) PDF (56 KB)
- Use the Statement of Work template and include the minimum suggested items.
- The customer should negotiate pricing of deliverables directly with vendor. The customer and vendor(s) may work together to improve the SOW.
- The customer may negotiate the terms and conditions of a SOW to suit their business needs, so long as the SOW terms and conditions do not conflict with or weaken the terms of the contract.
- The vendor may only provide services in awarded Technology Categories.
- In order to be awarded a Purchase Order hereunder, the vendor must respond, in writing, to a SOW for services as issued by customers, consistent with the Terms and Conditions of the contract.
- The vendor may begin work ONLY after receiving:
* The value of any one SOW may not exceed $10 million including all extensions, renewals and change orders.
The contract allows any State of Texas government enties and agencies within the state of Texas to use Cognitive Professional Services to meet their consulting and technical project needs. We are pleased to partner with our Texas HUB companies Stratium Consulting Group, Team Venti, and NHRG Technical Services to service this contract.
For quotes, purchase orders, and warranty information, please contact Cognitive at our Round Rock office. Our address and phone numbers are:
Cognitive Professional Services Inc.
16333 South Great Oaks Drive, Suite 201
Round Rock, TX 78681
Phone: (512) 380-1204
Mobile: (703) 562-0531
Fax: (703) 637-1319
For more information on the DIR program, please visit the DIR Cooperative Contracts program website.